Mission of the Committee
To adapt and promote the Exercise is Medicine® initiative for use in pediatric populations as a strategy for increasing the physical activity levels of children and adolescents.
- Create and validate a pediatrics Physical Activity Vital Sign (PAVS)
- Promote advanced training for primary care and healthcare providers that work with child and adolescent populations
- Develop materials for the promotion of EIM to pediatricians and primary care providers
- Oversee demonstration studies that asses the implementation and effectiveness of EIM in pediatric settings
- Partnership - Developing strategic partnerships with healthcare organizations, industry partners and government agencies for the advancement of EIM in children and adolescents
If you are interested in learning more about being involved with a committee, please check out the Volunteer Opportunities page for more information!