EIM now has a presence in more than 43 countries. Each EIM National Center (EIM-NC) is hosted by an institution or organization, typically a university, professional association or healthcare institution, with which the EIM Global Center has established a collaborative agreement. An EIM-NC is governed by an EIM National Center Advisory Board that is led by a Director with the daily operations being managed by an NC Manager.
The EIM National Advisory Board are multidisciplinary consisting of representatives from:
- National primary care associations
- Other leading medical and healthcare associations
- National health and fitness associations
- Academic institutions
- The Ministry of Health or National Public Health Institute (whenever possible)
Key functions of the EIM-NCs include:
- Establishing ongoing relationships with national level healthcare and health fitness organizations
- Training healthcare providers and exercise professionals to implement the EIM Solution in their country
- Strategically assisting with the integration of the EIM Solution into local and national healthcare systems
- Linking healthcare systems with local community resources to assist individuals in filling their exercise "prescriptions"
In several other countries, the EIM Global Center is actively working with healthcare and fitness professional leaders to establish EIM National Centers. In these cases, our partners have initiated the process by forming EIM National Task Forces (see EIM National Center Launch Sequence document) of leading representatives in their country with the goal of establishing EIM as a permanent initiative in their country.Print this Page