Since its inception in 2007, Exercise is Medicine® has been making efforts to increase education of the healthcare workforce, increase its presence in the eyes of the public and key stakeholders, and, ultimately, be adapted in major healthcare systems where the greatest good can be done.
The purpose of the EIM Scorecard is to provide a global quantification of the growth of EIM in 3 main indicators:
- The evaluation of the number of health care systems that are adopting some portion of the EIM Solution (assessment, prescription, and/or referral). Here we are tracking the number of professionals working in those systems that are engaged in implementing EIM, and how many patients are impacted.
Education and Training
EIM education and training that has been applied to two groups of health professionals: the physicians and the exercise professionals.
- Physicians who have completed the EIM Training Course
- Exercise Professionals that are qualified to receive patient referrals from physicians
- EIM education and training that has been applied to two groups of health professionals: the physicians and the exercise professionals.
Marketing and Communications
- Through social media avenues like Twitter and Facebook, our monthly newsletters, local and global presentations, and peer-reviewed publications, the word is spreading about how Exercise is Medicine®! EIM is reaching out to people of all ages, demographics, and professions, sharing the benefits of physical activity and promoting the standard of physical activity in the prevention and treatment of today’s most prevalent non-communicable diseases (NCDs).